Recent Graduate Advisory Board
The Recent Graduate Advisory Board of the University of Kansas School of Engineering is a diverse group of recent KU engineering graduates that will elevate the success of the School of Engineering through feedback, connections to industry, student recruitment, curriculum input, and fund raising.
- Current Members: Meet the KU Engineering Jayhawks who are members
- Board Officers: Meet the KU Engineering Jayhawks who serve on the board
- Strengthen the relationship of the School with industry, business and government
- Encourage the School's alumni and friends to take an active part in School and University programs and activities
- Identify and help implement development strategies for enhancing the academic and research programs of the department
- Improve the Department's responsiveness to the needs of the engineering profession and those organizations employing graduates
- Help assess the effectiveness of the School in meeting the goals and objectives of its mission, with particular emphasis on the quality of its academic, research and outreach programs
- Meet on the KU campus twice a year to discuss the state of the school and opportunities for the board to provide assistance and feedback to the school.
- Develop a mentoring program for KU School of Engineering students to gain perspective on possible career paths and establish relationships with recent alumni.
- Discuss ways to take action in supporting engineering in government and creating awareness about the national demand for engineers so the board can provide a consistent message to state representatives.
- SoE Tailgate at home football games
- High School Design Competition
- Engineering Expo
- New Student Orientation ice cream socials
- Kansas City Area alumni receptions
- Future City Competition, Great Plains Region