Engineering Research Opportunities
Each department in the KU School of Engineering has access to modern, fully equipped facilities and laboratories. Located on the University's West Campus or at off-campus facilities in Lawrence are the Center for Environmentally Beneficial Catalysis and the Center for Remote Sensing for Ice Sheets, multi-university NSF Engineering Research Centers; the Space Technology Center, a focal point of NASA-sponsored research; the Energy Research Center; the Center for Excellence in Computer Aided Systems Engineering; the Radar Systems and Remote Sensing Laboratory; the Telecommunications and Information Sciences Laboratory; the Kurata Thermodynamics Laboratory; and the Flight Research Laboratory.
Research facilities on the main campus include the Transportation Research Institute, Infrastructure Research Institute, a variety of computer-integrated manufacturing and computer-aided engineering facilities, Biomedical Engineering Laboratory, Design Technologies Lab, Tertiary Oil Recovery Project, and the Intelligent Systems and Automation Laboratory.
- CEBC - Center for Environmentally Beneficial Catalysis
- CReSIS - Center for Remote Sensing of Ice Sheets
- ITTC - Information & Telecommunication Technology Center
- TRI - Transportation Research Institute
Additional Centers and Groups
- Biomechanics Research Laboratory
- ERC - Energy Research Center
- Flight Research Lab
- IRI - Infrastructure Research Institute
- TORP - Tertiary Oil Recovery Project
- Additional research opportunities at KU