SWE Weekend of Engineering
November 17 - 18, 2012
Engineering Your Future
SWE Weekend of Engineering is a camp for high school girls that blends fun educational activities and a glimpse of the KU college experience. Two SWE Weekends take place every year; one each in the fall and spring semester. They are ideal for students at the junior or senior level of high school, but freshman and sophomores are welcome, too. Contact Florence Boldridge, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-864-3620 for more information.
As a Weekend of Engineering camper, you will:
- Attend demonstrations and presentations by KU engineering professors
- Visit engineering labs on campus
- Learn about career and study opportunities in engineering
- Interact with KU engineering women who will work with you during the weekend as counselors
- Work in teams on a fun engineering project
- All lodging, meals, and activities are included during the camp.
- Participants stay at a hotel in Lawrence.
The KU Experience
- What will life be like as a student at KU? You’ll get an idea during the SWE Weekend of Engineering!
- Attend an athletic event
- Tour the campus
- Dine at Mrs. E’s, the highly acclaimed dining hall that serves many KU residence halls.
- The fee for the camp is $95 and includes all costs - hotel, meals, and activities
- Sign in begins at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday morning.
- Attend KU vs. Iowa State's football game on Saturday.
- Pick-up is at 2 p.m. on Sunday.